- Top >
We are located in Yudanaka Onsen area at the foot of Shiga Highlands.
Other than Shiga Highlands, there are many popular sightseeing spots such as Jigokudani Yaen-koen, Zenkoji Temple, Obuse, and etc. in the region.
Parking: Parking is free at the ryokan for as long as there is space available.
Please make a request at the time of booking.
We offer pick-up service from Yudanaka Sta. Please make a reservation in advance.
Free shuttles are available from the hotel to Jigokudani Yaen-koen.
We also provide information on many other nearby sightseeing spots.
- 1. Jigokudani Yaen-koen・・・・
- This is a world popular park where wild monkeys, known as "snow monkeys", can be seen taking natural hot spring bath.
- 2. Shiga Highlands・・・・・・
- Shiga Highlands is one of the largest ski resorts in Japan. One can enjoy skiing or snowboarding in the finest powder snow. It is a year-round popular spot where people enjoy trekking in summer and colored leaves in autumn.
- 3. Kita Shiga Highlands・・・・
- Yudanaka Onsen Resort has easy access to ""SORA terrace"", a terrace on the summit opened in 2015. Take the world’s largest 166-passenger gondola to the terrace, and you might have the luck to watch the sun setting into the wondrous sea of clouds.
- 4. Zenkoji Temple・・・・・・
- Zenkoji is an old and famous temple that is non-denominational and welcomes people of every faith. There is a saying that one must visit Zenkoji for prayer once in a lifetime. It has a lot of worshipers from all over Japan even today. The street in front of the temple is a very nice place to take a walk.
- 5. Obuse・・・・・・・・・・
- Obuse is a town of ""chestnuts, Hokusai and flowers"". Many works of Hokusai Katsushika, a famous Japanese artist from the late Edo period, are displayed in Hokusai-kan Museum. The town is also famous for chestnuts. Food or sweets made from chestnuts are just delicious.
- 6. North Shinshu Yamanouchi
Road Station (Michi-no Eki)
- This roadside market sells fresh fruits and vegetables, local sweets, traditional arts and crafts, local sake and other specialties from Yamanouchi area. It is a perfect place to buy souvenirs.
- 7. Heiwa Kannon Statue・・・
- The 25-meter standing Kannon Statue of World Peace in DaihiDen Temple is only a 5-minute walk from our ryokan. It is one of the three biggest Heiwa Kannon statues in Japan, and the tallest Heiwa Kannon bronze statue in the country.